Freitag, 6. Januar 2012

Colour/Painting Guide: Japanese infantry

A couple of days ago I received an enquiry about the colours Simon used to paint the uniforms of our display models. I thought I'd best share it here so anybody interested can benefit from it.


So, without furthern ado here's Simon's colour guide:

I basically used 4 colours: GW Foundation Khemri Brown and Dheneb Stone and Vallejo Game Color Desert Yellow and Bonewhite.

The darker coloured uniforms used a base of Khemri Brown highlighted with Desert Yellow and finally a little Bonewhite. The lighter uniforms were given a base mix of Khemri Brown and Dheneb Stone, with more Dheneb Stone being used for highlights (I may have added a little white for some of the final highlights as well).
The different shades of khaki on some trousers, blouses and caps represent pieces from different origins, delivery batches and also some, that haven been in use longer than others and therefore faded under the Manchurian sun.
The differences may seem a little bit extreme but I've actually seen worse fading and colour variations during my own mandatory military service in 2002/03.

5 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks as I was wanting to know exactly that!

    Christopher

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. These are just fantastic, they painted so well!!!
    I'm painting up some figures for the Russo-Japanese war in 15mm for a pal, do you know of any order of battles on line, we want to know what regiments fought in what division and so on???

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Very beautifull!
    Richtung Port Arthur!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks for the comments!

    @ Ray Roussell: I'm not aware of any online OOB, unfortunately. :-(

    The Osprey (the Essential History one) contains OOBs but mainly on corps and divison level.

    However, there are a lot of contemporary books only available for free as the copyright has expired:
    http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=russo%20japanese%20AND%20subject%3A%22Russo-Japanese%20War%2C%201904-1905%22&page=1

    I haven't been able to go through them, yet, as I'm in the middle of my bachelor's degree currently. But most of them are on my 'to read'-list for later this year.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Thank you for the painting guide.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    AntwortenLöschen